Monday, August 5, 2013

Growth and Development (Will my Child Need Braces?)



The pediatric dentist is uniquely trained to recognize and treat early problems, and to evaluate the development and growth of children into adulthood.  Parents want to know what is going on in their child's appearance and to learn about future issues.  The teeth, facial bone structure, heredity, disease and the patient's habits all play a role in facial appearance.The second most common question, after cavities, parents ask is, "Will my child need braces?"  With this question parents commonly  ask, "When should we start braces?"

To understand the development of teeth in children we must always keep in mind that there is a lot of variability from child to child.  The age date given for eruption and growth is only an average estimate and can be as much as a year off, and is different from patient to patient.  I have seen patients that did not get their first tooth till 15 months, yet had perfect teeth into adulthood.

The primary (baby-milk) teeth normally start to erupt at around 6 months.  Usually the lower front teeth come in first followed by the upper front teeth.  There are normally 20 primary teeth that erupt, 10 upper and 10 lower teeth.  By age 3, for the average child,  all the primary teeth have should have erupted.

Also around the child's 3rd birthday some patterns may be apparent. such as crowding, over-bite, cross- bite, under bite, missing teeth or extra teeth.  Spacing between teeth is important at this age, called normal developmental spacing, as spacing in the baby teeth allows room for the permanent teeth to grow in. It is important to repair decay in the primary to prevent space loss.  Teeth lost prematurely may need space maintenance to prevent teeth from shifting. Parents should discuss these growth issues with the pediatric dentist.  Some habits at this early age are not treatable because of the child's age.  Most habits self correct themselves as the child grows.

By age six the front teeth start to fall out and the permanent teeth begin to grow in.  Also the "6" year molars begin to erupt behind the primary molars.  The back primary molars stay in till around 12. They guide the "6" year molars into position.  I have found that the age range for the front teeth growing in, starts at around four and a half years to ten.  This is quite a variation but is normal.  During this transitional period the child's growth pattern begins to become established enough so that in most cases a pediatric dentist can reasonably evaluate the future patterns.

A good age to evaluate the average child for orthodontic issues is  between 6 and 8 years of age. This is the age when parents first see the permanent teeth erupting and want to see what their child needs.

Many minor rotations and tilting may correct themselves as part of normal development.  Sometimes minor orthodontic appliances may be used to correct problems and allow growth to take its course.   Early appliance therapy may be recommended when there are esthetic issues that are readily apparent. Functional problems that cause the jaws to bite improperly such as cross-bites may also require early treatment.  In a large number of children it may be better to have more permanent teeth to erupt to  allow for proper esthetic facial development.  Parents should discuss their child's dental, facial and esthetic development with the pediatric dentist.














2 comments:

  1. micheal Wilcot is my name. Brothers and Sisters this is my story. I have been married for over 6 years and my wife was unable to have a child, the doctor says she have issues with her womb, so she undergo several treatments, but none worked for her. I was about going for adoption. But few years ago I meant with someone who introduced me to a herbal doctor by name doctor chukwu, she said the herbal doctor helped her friend with herbal medicine and her friend could conceive and have a child, so she advised us to try the herbal way. This is a thing I have never thought of in my life because I have never used any herbal medicine since I was given birth to. But we decided to key in and try the herbal doctor remedy. So I contacted him, his name is Doctor chukwu I told him that my wife was unable to conceive and bear a child. So he told me he have the herbs he will give to us, that we will take it according as directed so we agreed, we made necessary arrangement and he prepared the herbs for us and send it to us in my country USA, and we started to take it. I took it for some time, and he advised me on time to have sex with my wife so we continue and was doing according to his direction. Behold to cut the story short she took in, and she conceive and bear a child. Today I can boldly say we are happy. I could get a child with the help of Doctor chukwu herbs, and am very grateful to him, and to God. Please if you are out there and you are thinking of adopting a child just because the doctor said to you that you cannot have your own child, I want to say no, don’t adopt any child just contact doctor chukwu, and let him give you his herbal medicine that will open up your womb. And I assure you in no time you will have your own baby. His contact details are email (drchukwu22@gmail.com) and his phone number is (+2348154800222).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Dorothy Saltzman, From Texas, USA. but curently Reside in Germany. It's no longer Rumors that the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome ALS And Herpes Virus is increasing Day by Day. The fear is that many people living with the sickness are scared of saying it because of the stigma that comes along with it. I 'm bold enough among many others to state that there is now a Potent Cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with ALS virus 3months Ago, After a Herbal Medical Check-Up. My Doctor EHI, told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my World has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the Announcement of my Medical Practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my Medications (as there was no Medically known Cure to Herpes). I went from Churches to Churches but soon found that my Case needed urgent Attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my Predicament, I sought for solutions from the Voodoo World. I went online and searched for every Powerful Trad-medical Practitioner that I could Severe, cos I heard that the African Voodoo Priests had a cure to the Herpes Syndrome. It was after a little time searching the Web that I came across one Dr EHI (A Powerful African Voodoo Priest), Who offered to help me at a Monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my Final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan Fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his Instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my Amazement, the Results showed that " I am NEGATIVE". You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Voodoo Priest via this e-mail:(drehicurehome123@gmail.com) or call and whats-app him on +2349030589283 He will help you and his Herbal Medication is Sure. He has the Cure on all this Disease/Virus as He told me and it listed. GENITAL WARTS/ PREGNANCY. EPILEPSY. GENPILENCIN, HIV/AIDS, MADNESS, WEAK ERECTION, WATERY SPERM, TUBERCULOUSES, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, PREGNANCY, DIABETICS, STROKE, EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5, HUMAN PAPAILOMA VIRUS, HERPES, SYPHILIS, BREAST CANCER, HEPATITIS A B and C, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, AND BODY BOILS, BODY ODDUR, AND BODY DISEASES , THANK TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME OF READING MY TESTIMONY AND MOST ESPECIALLY YOU Dr EHI. I PRAY TO GOD TO NEVER LET ME AND MY FAMILY FORGET YOU IN OUR LIFE

    Why go the Expensive Treatment? when Dr. EHI is there to help you get rid of that
    Incurable Disease with his Herbs and Healing Oil. I contracted Genital Herpes 2 years ago, I saw this Awesome Testimonies you can view on google during my research for Herpes Cure from an article made by Alexander Millin and Lancelot Morgan, How they but got Cured from HIV/HERPES VIRUS Respectively. They also dropped the Contact Address of this Great Man: drehicurehome123@gmail.com Advising that if anyone need help to Cure any Incurable Disease or Viral Infection that he should Contact This Great Man. I contacted him, thank God I did. I'm still in shock that the Herbal Treatment he sent to me actually Works. It seems so simple, and in a lots of ways I guess its simple. But the important thing is that I have been 100% herpes free for full two years now and it's all thanks to you Dr. Ehi You'hv given me my life back, I'll forever remain Grateful,. you can email me for assistant on: drehicurehome123@gmail.com. Please Once you are cured let others know about it no need hiding it. Together We fight to become healthy.
    Dr. EHI Root/Herbs and Healing-Oil has been used to cured Home and Abroad
    REVELATION22.2
    GENESIS1:29

    ReplyDelete